COVID-19 health and safety protocols
Greetings VMT Families and Friends!
We wanted to take a moment to share with you how VMT is continuing to implement COVID-19 health and safety protocols both during rehearsal and in performances. We appreciate your support and cooperation in partnering with us to ensure that we all stay healthy during this time. We continuously monitor VT State Health Department recommendations and the Governor’s orders and will make changes as needed as we navigate the winter months. First and foremost we ask for your commitment in making sure children do not attend rehearsals/performances if they are sick and/or have traveled recently out of state.
We also expect that our wonderful patrons do not attend performances when feeling ill of having recently traveled out of state. We all need to do our part to keep everyone healthy and safe and to ensure that Very Merry Theatre can stay open! We thank you for your cooperation and strict adherence to the health and safety guidelines.
VMT Covid-19 Health and Safety Procedures in alignment with VT Department of Health Guidelines:
- Expectation that participants who are feeling ill with any of the COVID like symptoms stay home and communicate with both primary care provider and VMT Director to determine when it is safe to return
- Encouraging participants ages K-6 to maintain 3 foot physical distancing and participants and staff grades 7-adult to maintain 6 foot physical distancing
- Masks must be worn at all times
- All vocals will be pre-recorded, no group singing. We are using the updated schools guidance so that a student can sing 1:1 in a room with Ashley, if masked so that she can record their individual vocals
- Limiting indoor snacking during rehearsals
- Enrollment limits
- Frequent cleaning of surfaces and spaces
- Daily health check upon arrival
- Upholding VT travel rules so participants may not attend rehearsals or performances if they travel outside of VT until they meet quarantine guidelines
- We rely on the abundance of caution approach of parents in not sending their kids in when anyone in the household is sick
- Limiting the audience to family and friends. Audience capacity limits in effect-currently no more than 75 indoors with seating pods needing to be 6 feet apart (this may mean audiences are restricted to less than 75).
- Separate entrance for audience members-Front door accessed through Allen street side of the building
- Temperature checks upon arrival for all audience members as well as health/safety questions
- Digital ticketing system (advanced reservations required)
- Seating pods will be arranged with 6 feet perimeter-please do not move seats upon arrival
- Masks must be worn at all times
- No concessions/food or drink allowed during performances
- Electronic playbill-you will be able scan a QR code and/or playbill will be sent via email to cast list
- All attendees must attest to not having traveled outside the state of VT, not having been exposed to COVID 19 and not having any COVID like symptoms.
- Limiting interaction of audience and cast members at the end of the show. Cast may only join immediate family members and must remain 6 feet apart from other patrons. Audience should exit out the back of the gym and out the front doors of the building (Allen street)
- During the show, the vocal selections will be pre-recorded and played during the performance while the performers will be dancing but not singing.
- Cleaning of all seats at end of show
Notes about ventilation: The ONE Community Center has a state of the art ventilation system that was installed as part of the recently completed building renovations. The indoor air circulates through a cycle where it is fully replaced every 30 minutes.
Please contact us if you have any questions.