Important Very Merry summer camps update:
Very Merry will be operating our camps this summer at all locations. As many of you may have seen the State of VT has put forth guidelines that, when implemented, will make our camps look somewhat different from past years. A few of the key protocols are masks, social distancing, enrollment limits, hand-washing, arranging for staggered drop-offs and pickups, and temperature-taking, among others. Staff will be trained and prepared, though, to provide the safest possible and most fun possible experience for your child.
We don’t yet know if we will be able to perform shows in front of an audience and the manner in which we block and choreograph our shows for performance will look different but at the very least we will have video presentations to share with families. We need a little bit more time to work all the details out so we will be back in touch soon. However, the good news is that the camps will run!
Change in hours for 20 Allen St. summer camps.
Camps located at 20 Allen Street will run from 9:00am - 2:00pm. No early or aftercare available. Charlotte and Vergennes times remain the same.
Site Health and Safety Procedures:
This provides a brief overview of the types of protocols we’ll be following, as put forth by the VT Health Department for summer camps. All families who decide to send their children to camp will receive detailed information about specific camp/location protocols prior to the first day.
- Staggered drop-off and pick up times
- Regular routines of handwashing, use of hand sanitizer and staff cleaning/sanitizing throughout the day
- Promotion of social distancing through keeping enrollment and staffing levels within the state guidelines and using multiple spaces within our camp sites
- Use of cloth masks by staff and campers, although when outside the state guidelines suggest masks can be lowered during active periods outside.
- Daily temperature checks and health log upon arrival
- Requirement for self-quarantine and Covid-testing for any out of state campers 7 days prior to camp enrollment, or two weeks of self-quarantine.
- Requirement that any child or staff member who is sick or has a family member that shows signs of/tests positive for Covid-self quarantine by staying home from camp.
Please contact Don at email@example.com if you have any questions or if you do not plan to have your child attend a camp for which they are currently registered.