Remote Programs Update
Greetings VMT friends!
We just wanted to share how much our Very Merry Theatre artists are cherishing the creative spirit that all of our VMT participants are bringing to our current remote programming options. All four age groups are handling the virtual experience with creativity and flexibility! Here are just a few highlights:
- Our cast of 4th-6th graders in Pippi Longstocking have designed their rooms to look like locations in the story, have developed cool costumes and show up for every rehearsal rarin’ to go.
- Our cast of K-3rd grade Monarchs is dressing up in their monarch butterfly costumes and soaring through their scenes, dances and songs.
- Participants in our newest free online offerings, Friday dance with Nataleigh and Gabby, and Connor’s acting class are having a blast with dancing, theatre games and scene study.
- Our Saturday morning Drama Club is back in a virtual format. VMT teaching artist Derek is thrilled to be creating original skits with our avid drama club members. And Ashley is working her magic once again with her Cabaret offering.
- Our young teens are working on a fantasy classic and our older teens are deeply engaged in one of our Shakespeare musical adaptations.
As we worked to overcome the challenges of online productions, classes and get-togethers, we are learning that anything is possible and the spirit and resourcefulness of VMT is shining brightly. It’s all not ideal, of course, and at times makes us all sad we can’t be together, but young people are remarkably good natured and adaptable and are doing their best. And all of our VMT teaching artists are so happy to be connecting and creating with all of our participants right now!
Very Merry Theatre